Chic Shibori Sundress
Whether you’re taking a stroll in the park or hitting the beach with friends, you’ll be dressed to impress in a DIY shibori sundress! Covered in beautiful shades of blue, this chic shibori dress is so easy to make with the Tulip® Shibori Made Simple Tie-Dye Kit®.
- Wash dress and leave damp.
- If desired, before dyeing, soak dress in mixed soda ash solution as directed in package instructions.
- Wring out excess solution and lay dress out flat on covered work surface, smoothing out any wrinkles.
- Lay shibori tube across top of dress and roll dress onto tube.
- Secure dress on tube with string or rubber bands from kit. Scrunch dress randomly towards center of tube and apply more ties as desired.
- Mix Blue dye per instructions and apply to scrunched dress, rotating tube and randomly saturating the layers of fabric in different areas to create pattern.
- Cover project with surface cover or plastic wrap and allow to set for time suggested in package instructions or overnight.
- After dye has set for time recommended, unwrap dress and rinse thoroughly under running water to remove excess dye.
- Wash and dry dress separately according to fabric requirements.