Tulip Fabric Dye is your solution for one-color dyeing, re-dyeing and dip dyeing. This formula utilizes the classic hot water dye method for ultra-rich, even dye coverage and is most vibrant on natural fabrics such as 100% cotton, rayon, linen, and silk. Tulip Fabric Dyes are mixable so you can customize every project with beautiful, permanent color. Contains 1.76 oz of Tulip Fabric Dye; one packet makes 1 gallon of dye, which can be used to dye up to ½ pound of fabric. (Note: This is an estimate and actual amount of dye per project and dye vibrancy depends on the user, the size of the fabric, and the fabric itself.)
How to Use (Stovetop Method):
Most vibrant on fibers such as 100% rayon, cotton, silk. Not suitable: pure polyester, acrylic, nylon and fabric with special finishes. Wear protective gloves. Avoid skin and eye contact during use. In case of contact, wash with water.
• Dampen and wring out the fabric before adding to the dye bath to help dye more evenly on the fabric.
• For dyeing solid coverage, ensure that fabric is flowing freely in dyebath and not wadded up in a clump.
• Fabric can be tied in various tie dye patterns before adding to the dye bath. (The crumple technique works very well.)
• Ombré effects can be done by dampening garment, then dipping just the top or bottom half into the dyebath.
• For a lighter ombré effect, reduce amount of time in dyebath; for darker effect, leave in for a full hour in dyebath.